Friday, July 8, 2011




(<- sketches from my museum visit!)

I went to PS 1 earlier this summer and enjoyed it very much! You should definitely stop by if you have the chance! It's absolutely free for New School students (: My favorite exhibition was by the brave Laurel Nakadate, entitled "Only the Lonely." This body of work is comprised of videos and photographs that encapsulate the social disconnect between the artist and the strangers she encountered in New Jersey. My favorite piece in her show was a video series entitled "Oops!" (shown above) which records Laurel with three random male strangers she met by chance on the street. She asked these three men to take her into their homes to record a reenactment of Britney Spears' "Oops! I Did It Again" music video. I told you she was BRAVE! The exhibit also shows pieces about exorcisms, pretend birthday parties, dancing on the beach for Britney Spears, crying everyday for a whole year and photographing each session, making love to invisible lovers in Japanese hotels, morning strip teases, and so much more awkwardness.

I also found Nancy Grossman's collection of leather headpieces quite intriguing, but mostly scary. I love scary things.

No comments:

Post a Comment